We have released an update to our new, beta search facility.
Latest updates to Discovery – August 2012
Following user testing and feedback, Discovery has been updated to include new features and services.
- Home Guard records for Durham – descriptions, images and new process for ordering closed records
You can now:
- save your search query by copying the url, to add to emails and web pages
- bookmark pages and searches
We also have a new advanced search form, which allows you to:
- separate reference search from former reference search
- search for up to three references
- search by date of opening
- search by closure status
We’ve added new filters on the search results page:
- by date of opening
- by closure status
A number of bugs in the system have also been fixed, so you can:
- search by former reference
- download search results as CSV, HTML and XML files
- search with numbers, which no longer automatically set up an “OR” search
- search for alpha-numeric terms which are not references as keywords, i.e. MI5, MI6
We are releasing improvements as they are developed, rather than all at once, so we can continue to get your feedback and use it to further develop and refine this new service.
Each new release is prioritised based on your feedback and feature requests so please keep using Discovery and giving us feedback!
We need your help to develop and improve the system, so please let us know through the Comments box below what you think and what you would like to see.
You can also tweet your comments @UkNatArchives with the hashtag #tnadiscovery.